Thursday 25 April 2013

Digital Bodies Yes I Mean Cyborgs and Robots !!!!



                                              Digital Bodies Yes I Mean Cyborgs and Robots !!!!


                                                               
  In this blog I am going discuss a topic I spoke about in my lecture and seminar class which i found really
 interesting and got me thinking which was the concept of digital bodies and life its self. Also we talk about  about a group certain scientists about the possibility of transferring the human mind on to a computer system such as a hard drive or even a USB etc.

In class I came across the term mind uploading and instantly I  began to think it means moving the mind and putting in some kind of technology form which is rite. According to Wikipedia  mind uploading means the hypothetical process of transferring or copy a conscious mind from a brain to non- biological substrate by scanning and mapping a biological brain in detail and copying its state into a computer system or another com
computational device.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_uploading

my first reaction why learning about this topic was wow , what might the advantage of this process be , after doing some research online I  find out some advantages which makes me think that mind uploading is not a bad idea if it was to happen in there near future. As the advantages are for example say someone is paralysed in all levels for example the injured that occur to superman actor Christopher Reeve if you could upload the brain to a technology system and put in a digital body its like a avoiding death. Another  benefit I thought about was if are mind where transfer to small technology systems ready to be insert to digital bodies like robots , so by spending most of our time as basically on a system we will consume far less space and use less energy and natural resource than we would as a normal human body. As are ford we not be  organic living things.

However as much as the advantages of mind uploading they are many arguments against  mind uploading such as if you look at social networking sites like Twitter find it really difficult not to crash when too many users are on it image image if it was to happen to people minds and in addition media is always developing just like life nothing stays the same so the technology used for the process of mind uploading would become obsolete over time and be able to last long.




When coming to a conclusion about the topic mind uploading in my opinion I don't agree that the idea of Sigularity  is the forward called me old fashion but  I believe that what you get from life and being in a natural human body is allot and mind uploading if it was to be happen in the future would only be used in certain circumstance.
















No comments:

Post a Comment